Fast Track Sailing & Intensive Sailing Courses – France, Spain, Gibraltar, Portugal Morocco & The Canary Islands (YM Ocean). RYA/MCA Professional Sail Training in the Atlantic, sailing in Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco, Portugal & the Canary Islands (YM Ocean|).
Fastrack Yachtmaster is a 14 to 15 week live aboard course, it can also be modular, to fit in with your own lifestyle. The options and prices below refer only to 14 week Fast Track Yachtmaster. We also run a Yachtmaster Halftrack course (£4,995) for those with suitable experience either from novice to RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Coastal or RYA Coastal Skipper to RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore. Please call us to discuss either option.
Fast Track Sailing Courses start every week throughout the year from three exciting locations: Gibraltar, Barcelona, UK and Antibes for Stcw10 Fast Track YachtmasterPLUS students. If you’re looking for a career in the sailing industry or a gap year adventure leading to Professional Sailing qualifications or simply taking a well-earned break, we will teach and refine your skills and when you’re ready, organise examinations for RYA / MCA qualifications: the minimum requirement for a Yacht Skipper working in the industry.
Shore Based Fast Track Accommodation Available
We also offer the Fast Track Yachtmaster Course with Shore based Accommodation either in a shared Marina Apartment, or an individual Marina Apartment, directly opposite our yachts. (Additional costa apply).
Before the Fastrack Yachtmaster exam...
Prior to the Fastrack Yachtmaster exam we will ensure you have achieved a minimum of 2,500 sea miles at least half of which will be tidal. In reality you will log considerably more! Quality miles and expert tuition.
Experience the difference! All Internal Flights between our Bases are Included!
- Three base Training Gibraltar Barcelona Antibes/Palma for Fast Track PLUS Students
- Don't get stuck in the same marina for months on end!
- Minimum of 2,500 sea miles
- Visit many different Marinas and Anchorages
- Maximum 5 to a yacht unless milebuilding
- Weather permitting we visit France, Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco and Portugal
- Excellent shore-based facilities, classrooms, bars and restaurants
- Exam fees included
- Full range of modern yachts
- Big boat handling on 48 foot yachts
- RYA Powerboat level 1 and 2 Fastrack YachtmasterPLUS*
- Courses start every week, so no long waits to fulfil your dream
- Professional sailing on modern safe yachts in a warm and exciting sailing area. Enjoy sailing Experience the Difference with Blue Oyster Sailing's Fast Track Academy!
RYA/MCA Commercial Endorsements
To commercially endorse your licence you will need to take a medical from your GP in the UK or an approved MCA Doctor overseas, it is recommended that you undertake an MCA medical examination prior to the course in order for you to do your final Yachtmaster examination... Contact us for details. You will also need to complete The Professional Practices and Responsibilities (PPR) Course and download the PPR Certificate. Contact us and we'll log you in to your own personal on line account with RYA Online.
RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Certificates with Commercial Endorsement and additional options for Cruising Instructor and RYA/MCA Ocean Yachtmaster unlimited.
Fastrack Yachtmaster Course
The course includes:
- 14 weeks Full Board Food and Accommodation for the duration
- Training in Gibraltar, Barcelona, and STCW 10 in Antibes/Uk or Palma home of Super Yachting
- All Internal Flights and Transfers included in your course fee for Mile Building
- Mooring Fees and Fuel
- DSC VHF course
- Yacht Maintenance, Sail Care and Repair
- Bigger Yachts for Performance and Comfort
- Knots and Splicing
- Sail Trimming
- RYA Sea Survival *
- RYA First Aid
- Diesel engine training Course*
- STCW 10 Firefighting *
- STCW 10 Elementary First Aid *
- STCW 10 Personal Safety and Sea Survival *
- STCW 10 GMDSS Radio *
- Weather course
- Electrical Systems
- RYA PPR Professional Practices and Responsibilities Course *
- Rigging and tuning
- And all RYA courses, quality mileage, and skippered passages required for RYA Yachtmaster and all exam fees
- All of your Training Delivered by RYA Professional Blue Oyster Instructors
- Additional Free Week should Exam Nerves or the Weather Intervene
- All Internal Flights and Transfers included in your course fee
- Fully Quailified RYA Instructors and RYA Commercially Endorsed Yachtmasters every day of your course
- Maximum on board ratios for RYA Courses of 5 : 1
- Dedicated Recruitment Process from the moment you start training with us
- For Suitable Students RYA Cruising Instructor Training and your first job
If required RYA Fastrack YachtmasterPLUS with MCA STCW 10 and RYA Power Boat 2
We offer both RYA Power Boat Training Courses and RYA Fast Track Sail our FastrackPLUS Course includes Power 2 and MCA Stcw10 Training and Certificates. We have been successfuly training Intensive Fast Track Students for more than 15 years, only one company purchased the www.fastrackyachtmaster.com domain - Blue Oyster!
Our Guarantee from Blue Oyster Maritime Training
Book with Blue Oyster Maritime Training - Train with Blue Oyster RYA Instructors
Many of our Students are now fully employed many on Super Yachts working in The Med and The Atlantic. Sailing the world and putting into practice the skills they acquired. We are very proud of those Students who graduated and now work with us as RYA Cruising and RYA Yachtmaster Instructors. From Gibraltar to Barcelona and Antibes the connections you make will give you the competitive advantage to get on in our world.
Fast Track Yachtmaster Programme
If you put in the study hours both on and off the water you can achieve the coveted Yachtmaster qualification, known and respected throughout the world.
Fast Trackers – you should come with your own life jacket and harness, waterproofs, deck shoes, Breton / Portland plotter or similar, dividers, notepads and pencils. Please phone for advice before purchasing expensive items. Don’t travel with Dividers in hand luggage. The first month is your introduction to the Fastrack Yachtmaster course, introduction to the base, and all aspects of safety. Our RYA/MCA instructors will spend the first few weeks teaching you all aspects of the RYA Competent Crew Course, RYA Day Skipper Practical and RYA Day Skipper Theory. Sailing from Gibraltar or Barcelona with its excellent study and recreational facilities you will learn how to control and command the yacht in a variety of different situations. Month one - Competent Crew to Day Skipper
- Excellent Classrooms, recreational facilities, and superb outdoor pool and beaches
- Visit Morocco, Portugal, Spain
Weekends are spent working, RYA VHF, RYA First Aid and Diesel Engine Training - all of which need to be completed prior to your Yachtmaster Coastal Skipper qualification.
RYA Day Skipper and Coastal Skipper Theory Courses
One week's study for your RYA Coastal Skipper Theory certificate, there will be tense moments, but our instructors are there 24/7 to help you reach the required standard; hard work but the challenge is worth it. We will give you as much time and help as necessary. You will make it our pass rate for Fast Track Yachtmaster is excellent.
Tidal Milebuilding and Skills Training from our Gibraltar Base
Our Milebuilding Courses are intensive but enjoyable. Combining Skippered qualifying passages, and all the Tidal miles required to bring your skill levels to those required of the RYA/MCA. In Gibraltar or Alcadeisa you will continue with your sail training, close quarter yacht handling under power and sail, handling the yacht in extreme conditions and learning to manage your crew.
RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Prep and Assessment
All students are finally ready to be prepared for the Yachtmaster Exam. The final few weeks will be intense, focusing on the weaker points to ensure you are well above the standard required. Now we are coaching you individually, those with perhaps a little prior sailing experience will be encouraged to sit the exam sooner, other students will benefit from one-to-one coaching. And finally the Big Day!
Also available - Fastrack Yachtmaster Plus STCW 10 Power Boat 1 and 2 included Essential Commercial Tender Drivers Course
You may also progress on to Yachtmaster Ocean the above is an outline of the course and is subject to change; with your commitment and your Spirit of Independence we will empower you with the skills to become a first class Yachtmaster.