1) Telephone bookings will be held without deposit for a maximum of 24 hours.
2) RYA Sailing Courses 25% deposit. Deposits are non-refundable. All Transfers for payments are as stated on the payment request in Sterling or Euro by bank to bank transfer. Any fees for transfers are to be paid by the payee. If we receive a transfer fee from the payees bank they will be required to pay that fee at boarding prior to the course starting. We do not allow students to board or start training until full payment has cleared. We provide a receipt to the student or charter customer to confirm.
3) Balance is payable 8 weeks prior to embarkation. In the event of non-payment we reserve the right to resell the course or charter. No refund of the deposit will be made.
4) In the event of cancellation prior to the final balance being due only the deposit is forfeited. If cancellation after the date of final payment the client is liable for the outstanding balance. At our discretion we may transfer the reservation to an acceptable alternative date.
5) We reserve the right to alter the published schedule for RYA Training Courses and for charter yachts to substitute an alternative vessel. If this is unacceptable to Charter Customers a full refund shall be made. No responsibility what so ever will be accepted for air fares or other costs.
6)The company shall not accept claims and shall not be liable at any time for claims or expenses caused by circumstances beyond its control including sickness, accident, travel delays, weather, strikes, war or civil unrest. The Company is not liable for any Covid related cancelations however they arise and any related quarantine costs for students or charter customers are excluded. We email our latest Covid Terms and Conditions with your booking form. Signing a booking form acknowledges our Covid Terms and Conditions. Charter customers and/or RYA Students who display Covid symptoms and/or test positive must make provision for their own quarantine ashore. All customers must comply with Covid PCR Test law where they arrive and are responsible for any testing costs.
7) In the event of the company cancelling a charter or RYA Training course we shall be liable only for refund of fees paid. No payment will be made for incidental costs.
8) No student or charterer shall bring aboard any contraband, drugs or any other prohibited substance or item.
9) A booking signifies acceptance of the company’s Terms and Conditions and Covid latest update.
10) Mile building - miles and destinations cannot be guaranteed, we sail with the wind, we do not motor to guarantee miles.
11) If your yacht is not able to start from the nominated base for weather, Covid or mechanical reasons, you will need to make your way to the yacht at your own cost.
12) In the event a dispute is not settled by mutual agreement, it is agreed that The British Law Society shall appoint an arbiter whose decision shall be final and that wherever the dispute occurred both the client and the company shall be governed by British Law.
13) If in the Opinion of the Skipper or Master of any vessels operated by Blue Oyster a student or customer is unfit to sail or participate in any course due to alcohol or drug related intoxication they will be removed from the vessel. No refund for remaining part of the course will be given.
14) If a student or customer demonstrates any unsociable behaviour towards other Instructors, students or customers, or in any of the marina's that we visit towards staff or any other person, they will be removed from the course. No refund will be given.
15) Whilst at Sea and in Marina, at Anchor or Mooring Buoy the Skipper/Master of the vessel has the authority of Blue Oyster Sailing to manage the crew, students and vessel accordingly in compliance with MCA Maritime Law and local bylaws. The Skipper/Masters decision is final.
16) Visas, if required, are the reponsibility of the student for the duration of the course. Students must ensure they have a valid visa if required.
17) It is the responsibility of the Student to carry personal travel and health insurance.
18) Our current Covid Terms and Conditions will be updated and emailed to you prior to booking. You should carry Insurance to cover any expenses you may incur as a result of any Covid related illness or cancellation.
19) If a student fails to adhere to local Covid Law in any Country or Port that we visit, in addition to any other Laws in place they will be removed from the Yacht. No refund will be given. It is the students responsibility to obey all local and International law in place with regard to the current Covid situation.
To enable access to your online course we need to share some of your personal data with the RYA via your user profile in www.ryainteractive.org. This learning management website is hosted and maintained by a third party called Learning Pool, who will not use your personal information for any reason other than enabling your course.
Your name and email address will be entered on www.ryainteractive.org in order to create your user account. On your first access to the site, you will be asked to enter your address and date of birth. You will have access to the site for one year in order to complete your online course. During this period, your personal information will be held on the website by Learning Pool and be available to this training centre and the RYA for the purpose of managing your course.
Instructional support will be provided by this training centre for a period of 6 months from the date of your course booking.
On completion of your course, your name, email, date of birth and address will be transferred to the RYA's central database for the purpose of recording details of the course and any certification you gain as a result of it. This information allows the RYA to record your certification, to update any records they may already hold about you or your qualifications and to verify your certificate if required. After one year from the date of your enrolment on the course, your user account will be removed from www.ryainteractive.org.
Full details of how the RYA will deal with your personal information will be displayed when you first access www.ryainteractive.org.
Data Protection for Practical Courses:
The information you provide us will only be used to register via the RYA website such information as required by RYA to enable the Registration of Practical Certificates. We will not store any information once it has been registered.
This statement describes how Blue Oyster Ltd the data controller, collects, uses and protects your information.
How we collect your information.
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us, such as online through our website, via email, the post or telephone. We collect your information from the information you submit, from information supplied by you (or your employer) to enable us to deliver services to you and information provided during our business transactions and correspondence.
We may also obtain your information from publicly available sources such as Companies House or Linked in.
The type of Information we hold.
This information will include name, date of birth, address, contact telephone numbers, email address.
How we use your Information.
We process personal data to:
Provide you with information you have requested.
Deliver the services you (or your employer) has requested; and invite you to invents and newsletters etc.
We do not send out circulars or newsletters.
Who we will share your information with.
We will not share personal information about you with external third parties without your consent unless the law allows us to so. We are required by law to pass on some of this personal data to:
Our supplies who are involved in delivering the supply chain, for example the RYA for all centrally held records details as above. RYA Data Protection.
Storing your information.
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by Blue Oyster Limited and is only stored in the European Economic Area (EEA) or a country approved by the EU.
Within Blue Oyster Limited your information will be stored on our secured systems. Where your information is stored in Countries outside the EEA or an approved Country that information will encrypted.
We will retain your information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. You can request your information be deleted and if we can we will but sometimes records must be maintained for legal reasons.
How you can access your Information
If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not happy about how we respond to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.co.uk
How we will tell you about changes to our Privacy Statement.
Any changes will be put on our website.
Please periodically check for updates to keep upto date.
How to Contact us.
Any questions or concerns email us email@example.com
Blue Oyster Limited Suite 1 19 Town Range Gibraltar Registered Number 106358
Blue Oyster Sailing Spain SL Avinguda de Catalunya 7 A, St Antoni de Calonge, Palamos, 17252 Girona, Spain. Registered Number B55334486