RYA/MCA Exams with Commercial Endorsements including Professional Practices and Responsibilities (PPR) Course
If you have the following pre-qualifying experience you can take your Yachtmaster Offshore Assessment and Coastal Skipper Offshore Assessment with us in Barcelona Palamos.
These Qualifications allow you to work in the Industry
RYA examiners regularly assess RYA Yachtmasters and RYA Coastal Skippers for both Certificates of Competence and Commercial Endorsements. The pre-qualifying experience for Yachtmaster candidates is as follows;
- Sailed 2500 miles in last 10 years - qualifying miles on a vessel less than 24m
- Half in Tidal waters (so 1250 must have been sailed in Tide)
- Completed 5 times 60 mile passages, 2 as Skipper and 2 at night (Tidal or Non-Tidal)
- Spent 50 days on board (not consecutively)
- Hold a recognised VHF Licence - in doubt it is your responsibility to check with RYA.
- Hold a recognised first aid qualification RYA First Aid or STCW10 or check directly with RYA. It is your responsibility to ensure your First Aid Certificate is recognised by RYA.
In addition For Commercial Endorsements You Must Converse in English. Maritime English Language Training is available if required.
- Hold a valid Sea Survival Certificate STCW10 or RYA Basic Sea Survival
- Hold a valid Medical Certificate ENG 1/ML 5 & Certificate for Professional Practices and Responsibilities (PPR) Course
If you don’t have enough Tidal miles don’t worry, we regularly run Tidal Mile-Building trips so just ask us for the next mile-building sailing adventure. We also offer 60-mile passages as Skipper or Crew, by day and night.
- RYA Yachtmaster Preparation and Examination
- Mile building
- 60 mile Passages
- Pre-qualifying Courses
- RYA VHF
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Sea Survival
- RYA Radar
We have trained Professional Yachtmasters from many diverse backgrounds and knowledge bases, and helped Yachtmasters from countries such as Argentina, Italy, Spain, France and Germany to successfully convert to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore. Contact us for information and booking a berth or course.
Interested in our Sailing Courses?
We are open and Training all year with RYA Weekly Practical Courses boarding every Sunday disembark Fridays. RYA Combined Practical and Theory Courses are delivered over weekends. For full Course details and additional information please just ask.